Alerts and updates will be posted here for emergencies.
ALERTS FOR DEC 16 FLL QUALIFIER AT JOHN CARROL: Updated 12/15 @ 11:15a
John Carroll is closing this afternoon, but is open on Saturday. The event is on. We will be setting up at 5:30a on Saturday if you want to help.
Accuweather is reporting:
Snowfall amount on Friday
1 - 2 inches
Chance for less than 1 inches: 32%
Chance for more than 2 inches: 36%
In this area it is forecast to end by 3p on Friday. So we should be fine. But it is weather, a force over which we have no control. We please do check back here later today. And don't worry. We will send updates.
PUBLIC SCHOOL TEAMS: We tried to get a waiver for you but were unsuccessful. If the schools cancel weekend activities please let me know ASAP.
REMINDER: Our Snow Policy
Q: What about snow on Friday night?
A: In the event of snow on Friday we will attempt to hold the qualifier on Saturday. I final decision will be made by 9a on the day of the event allowing teams to safely travel to the facility. We will do judging as they arrive and adjust the rest of the schedule.
OBVIOUSLY: Safety is THE important issue.