You know the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Do you wish that there were easy ways to get your children more involved / interested in STEM topics, especially as we remove classes from school that teach in a hands on manner?
TechBrick Education offers a series of K-12 after-school STEM programs, and we are shaping our 2020-2021 season, with your input. At this time the exact nature of the student participation is not certain, but Harford County school guidelines will be followed, and additional, mutually agreed upon precautions will be instituted for each team.
The approximate age ranges for our programs are:
- Grades K-1/~ages 4-6: FLL Discover - Students perform projects with DUPLO kits and share ideas in a non-competitive environment.
- Grades 2-4/~ages 6-10: FLL Explore - Students use WeDo LEGO kits and share ideas in a non-competitive environment.
- Grades 4-8/~ages 9-14: FLL Challenge - Students pitch a project and build a competitive robot to accomplish missions using LEGO Mindstorms.
- Grades 7-12/~ages 13-18: FIRST Technical Challenge – Smaller teams of students build a medium sized robot and compete in team matches with multiple robots in a game-oriented challenge.
- Grades 9-12/~ages 14-18: FIRST Robotics Competition - Larger teams of students build a large sized robot and compete in team matches with multiple robots in a game-oriented challenge.
Further information for the various programs is available through links at https://www.firstinspires.org/ (select “Programs” at the top). TechBrick Education executes programs convenient to Harford County, MD. We are not school affiliated, so there are no restrictions on whose students can attend. (Though we do ask that you have easy access to APG.) To express interest for your student, please fill out the form at https://form.techbrick.com/interest. By registering your interest, you are helping us shape our next season’s programs. Potential volunteers and mentors are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note background checks will be required. No STEM experience necessary! There are opportunities to help across all skill-sets, from helping us design team t-shirts, write webpages, keep track of events, outreach, fundraising and more!
TechBrick Education is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit providing STEM education programs for students in grades K-12.